How You Can Help
- Corporate/Social Responsibility - As a self-funded Charity we would love the opportunity to discuss how we can link into business– for example a team from Sky (engineers) spent a day with us painting in our Community Garden!
- Sponsoring events - There are many ways to sponsor events such as taking a stand or table, advertising in a programme, offering samples, tasters or other resources (for example donating raffle prizes or gifts for goodie bags). You could sponsor a whole event or just part of it.
- Sponsor a room at the Centre (£350 for a year).
- Could Newton Community Centre be your “chosen Charity?” – so when your team run a fund-raiser, we would be the Charity to benefit?
- Do you have skills you could share with us? Graphic design, joiners, cake-makers etc. e.g a local plumber does small jobs for us at cost or event for free!
- Could you donate a prize for a raffle? Raffles form a large part of our fundraising and the better the prizes the more money we can raise, and the more money we raise, the more we can help our Community.
- Help with mock interviews OR offer a Job Taster Session.
- Donate to our Foodbank and encourage your customers and staff to do the same. You can drop off donations at NCC weekdays (9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday).
- Donate unsold stock – rather than sitting on old stock or throwing it out, and a cause who would really appreciate it. For examplea local beauty salon gave us unwanted nail varnish to use at our other groups.
- Invite buyers to make a donation when making a purchase – at its simplest this may be a charity box at the checkout/reception into which customers can put their spare change (or more).
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO GET INVOLVED, THEN PLEASE CALL LISA HULME ON 01925 224731 OR