and Season's Greetings
Set up over 30 years ago by local Volunteers our fabulous Community Centre has gone from strength to strength to provide a welcoming and friendly safe haven to our Community.
As well as training courses we also run exercise classes, craft clubs, Women’s/Men’s Groups, Children’s Groups and of course, our wonderful Community Events such as Christmas Community Breakfast, Halloween Party, Christmas Fair, Tea Dances…. Anything and everything that can bring our Community together.
Our lovely building started life as Wargrave Infants School built in 1903 and the first Headmistress, Mrs Chandley looked after 194 children. From its inception in 1984, Newton Community Centre has delivered consistently at the heart of its Community.
It was a group of local residents who recognised the need for a true Community-focused centre and our current building was leased to the newly created Newton-le-Willows Family and Community Centre, by Lord Newton for a peppercorn rent.
In 1986, the conversion of the building started with a budget of £64,000. Members of the local Community offered their time and labour and alongside skilled labour were able to replace roofs, plaster walls, lay floors and tile toilets! The Centre opened its doors in May 1987. Hard work, dedication and a passion for making a difference literally built this Centre!
Based on Park Road South, Newton Community Centre is a self-funded, independent registered charity working closely for and with our Community. People often think we are affiliated to the local Council but we genuinely are standalone and independent